01 February 2011

 oh my sweet lucy kate...

i've been thinking about you lately.
how big you are...
but still so little.
you will be two in may...and most days i can see the prelude of the "terrible" twos...
but there are so many other moments when your sweet spirit shines through...


you are so curious.
you want to do everything your older brother does.
you LOVE your baby sister...sometimes too hard.
you add at least two new words to your vocabulary daily.
my favorites include the way you say, "wait!" when you're trying to catch up with me...the way everything/everybody is "hiding" if you can't see them ("lucy, where's daddy?"..."hiding!"..."isn't he at work?"..."no, hiding!")...the way you ask to pray at least a dozen times at every meal: "ayemem? uh huh? ayemem?"...the way you say thank you, "nakey, mama, nakey!"...and how you always say "'scuse me!" after a burp or a toot...stinkin' cute.

 your facial expressions crack. me. up.

 you can be so independent...
but at other times, so insecure.
like yesterday, we were outside, in the front, when the garbage man came down the street. you ran to me and hid your face in my legs while crying, "no tuck! no tuck!". one might think you were scared of the noise since the trash man (as elijah calls him) is rather loud but other loud noises (like the vacuum or the coffee grinder) don't bother you in the least...



you are my helper girl.
you love to help me unload the dishwasher (i give you the plastics to put away) and put the wet clothes in the dryer. i'm hoping this trend will continue!!

 you are always singing...the alphabet, twinkle twinkle, the counting song, "moon, moon, moon"...it doesn't matter. and such a sweet little voice you have...
you won't go to sleep unless i sing "moon, moon, moon" to you...it's our special tradition. sometimes you sing it with me...but most nights (or naptimes), you simply hold my hand and suck away on your paci.
yes...you still have the paci. and though i thoroughly dislike it, i almost don't mind you having it at bed time...if only to keep you little for just a bit longer.

i love you sweet girl...

all pictures taken during our trip to san diego, january 2011...

No comments: