06 September 2006

the unofficial end to summer...

so. labor day has come and gone...the unofficial end to summer. it's certainly about time. even though there will be several more weeks of summer-like weather...at least the end is in sight. the cool breezes in the evening are so refreshing! i'm looking forward to falling asleep to the sound of the rain...waking up to the sound of the rain...sweaters and scarves and socks and snuggly blankets on the bed...being able to cook using the oven again...hot coffee (no more of this iced stuff!)...no more AC!...being able to listen to christmas music without feeling guilty about it.......oh i'm sure there's more. i just can't wait til this oppressive heat of summer is gone and is replaced by the crisp air of fall and winter. if i can't have snow...at least i can have crisp air.
school starts tomorrow. i kinda just wanna get it over with. 15 credits. which really isn't that much except that i'm gonna havta have everything finished a month early due to this little one growing inside me. he can't stay in there forever...and my due date is three weeks before the semester ends. so yeah...i guess it's a good thing i'm pretty self-motivated and that all but one of my classes are photo classes. it's a lot easier for me to be motivated to get behind my viewfinder and be creative with my camera than it is for me to get excited about writing compare and contrast essays for my art history class. not that i need an excuse to get behind my camera...but it will be nice to be required to push myself creatively...not so much for the grade (although those A's are certainly nice) but just for my own growth as an artist. it's so easy to just sit back and rely on what worked in the past rather than push through the sometimes frustrating creative process. so yeah...here's hoping for a uber-creative semester. one of the classes i'm taking is people photography...so if anyone wants to come be my model...let me know. i'm always looking for fresh, willing faces...

No comments: