21 May 2010

a trek through the snow...

today's flashback friday : all the way back to february.

when i was in alaska visiting my parents, i really wanted to head up into the mountains and go snowshoeing with my dad (and anyone else that wanted to come along...no one else did). our trip was quickly coming to an end, so the sunday afternoon before we headed home, my dad and i drove up to hatcher pass. it wasn't an incredible day weather-wise so i left my "big" camera at home and instead, grabbed my mom's little point and shoot. since i knew i wasn't going to be getting any spectacular views or anything, the little one worked out just fine. we had a fun trek through the snow...glad i was able to get some alone time with my daddy-o before we left...

 snowshoes...
 "whatcha lookin' at dad?"
it's a porcupine! apparently they hibernate in trees...who knew?
 the little guy up close...
from whence we came...
me and my daddy!!

No comments: