14 November 2006
christmas survey...and no...it's not too early!
Christmas Survey - Something to get us into the mood a little early...how fun!
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
apple cider please! preferably with a little rum in it...but i guess i'll havta pass on that this year...boo.
2. Turkey or Ham?
turkey! i'm not a pig fan...
3. Do you get a Fake or Real Christmas tree?
last year was the first time i got a real christmas tree in manymany years...and it was so fun! we're gonna go cut down our own this year...
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
if it was up to me...of course we'd have lights up (not any of the cheesy inflatable santa or snowmen though)...but john's kinda lazy...so usually we just have a wreath.
5. Snowball fights or sledding?
both! but especially sledding when you have a rope tow to take you back up to the top!
6. Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it's warm?
um...sure. except our fireplace is ghetto and doesn't really put off that much actual heat...it's more for looks i think. lame-o!
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
in san fran...YES! in modesto...uh...no thanks.
8. Favorite Christmas song?
oh gosh. this is the hardest question in the world! maybe i could do my top five...in no particular order though...steven curtis chapman's instrumental "carol of the bells" (stinkin' sweet!), jewel's "oh holy night" (who knew she could sing like that?), michael w. smith's "all is well" (what's christmas without boy's choirs?), rebecca st. james' "sweet little jesus boy", and jars of clay "bethlehem town". there are a ton more...but i'll stop there.
9. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
cheesy...but you gotta love 'em.
10. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
never! i listen to christmas music year round! although they are way more fun with the decorations up too...
11. Stockings before or after presents?
always before! silly...
12. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
i've never actually got a chance to listen to them! we were always the ones doing the carolling...
13. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
going home. but if i can't do that...it's always nice to have people come to you...
14. Do you read the Christmas Story (Twas' the night before Christmas)?
we always read the biblical version from luke christmas morning before christmas. although sometimes we read max lucado's version of it...just for some variety.
15. What do you do after presents and dinner on christmas?
clean up and just chill...prolly eat more. work on the christmas puzzle...
16. What is your favorite holiday smell?
apple cider (with lots of spices) and christmas tree!
17. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
ice skating please! i hate the mall...
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
luke coming into my room super early on christmas mornings to cuddle while we waited til it was time to wake mom and dad up. i miss my little cuddle bunny! (he would die if i knew i still called him that...ha!)
19. Favorite Part about winter?
everything! i LOVE winter!!!!!!
20. Favorite Christmas decor???
lights, lights and more lights...snowflakes and cranberries and pine boughs...and of course...MISTELTOE!
21. Lights...colored or clear????
clear...always clear. but the red ones can look cool in the right situation.
22. What is the best Christmas gift you ever received?
if i'm gonna be materialistic about it...prolly my telephoto lens john got me last year...but really...it's so not about the presents!
23. What is your favorite Christmas tradition in your family?
just being together...all of us. i miss that.