10 March 2008

just ten days late...

so...you're probably wondering where my march calendar page is, right? right. considering the fact that here it is, march 10th, and i haven't posted it yet. well, there is a good reason...and it's not because i've been enjoying february's page so much that i couldn't bear to put march up (though there is some truth to that). no...it is something different entirely. a little history first: the calendar i'm using this year is a making memories 10x10 blank calendar...i've told you that before. well...the thing is, the workable surface isn't exactly 10x10 due to the rings holding the calendar together...the canvas actually ends up being about 10x9.5...give or take a millimeter or two. or three. because of this, i've pre-cut 12 sheets of white cardstock down to 10x9.5 to use as my starting point. well, when i was beginning march, the paper somehow got turned around...so now it's 9.5x10...which means it doesn't really fit the calendar page. *sigh* when i first discovered this (on march 1st), it really annoyed me. so i did what i usually do when something annoys me...i left it alone. it sat on the floor of my scrap room for about a week. then i realized i really actually used my calendar and i was tired of guessing at the date. so...i put my annoyance aside and tried to figure out a remedy to my problem. there was no way i was going to redo the page...and i couldn't trim it (you'll see why in a minute)...and it looked really weird on it's side...so...what could i do? i just stuck it up there with a 1/2 inch hanging off the top. and yeah...it bugs me...but it's really not that noticeable. i'm the only one who ever looks at it and march doesn't last forever.


so...there it is. big, fat, glaring mistake and all. at least now i know i'll triple check that i have the page facing the right way before i start working on my subsequent pages.

now that you've seen the page...you're probably wondering what all that writing says. right? right. it's actually the lyrics to one of my favorite songs. and because i'm such a nice blogger...here they are:

Your wind is mighty...it bends the backs of trees
it moves among the fields along these california streets
we've come to know as highways...they can take us anywhere
but all we know is where we're going and how fast we're getting there
the world outside my window is shaming me again
with the things i haven't seen cuz i've been writing about them
the sky's a waiting witness to the truth i would possess
but i've forgotten all its mystery in my quest for second best

i want to live with wider eyes...there's far too much to see
to think of nothing else but where i've been and where i'll be
i've been longing for the freedom that is waiting silently
in the life that's just beyond the small perimeter of me

Your rain is mighty...it weathers mountainsides
it raises these rivers til they look a mile wide
and i think that i have crossed them on a bridge a thousand times
and haven't even seen the rivers from the corner of my eye
i'm frightened by how easy it can be to live so long
going from one thing to the next thing to the next til months have gone
and you realize you have really not done anything at all
at night you fall asleep believing you've just climbed so you could fall

and i don't believe that who i am is something i can find
it's whatever i create with what i do with all my time
it's who i choose to love with all my heart and strength and mind
and whether i believe that what i have is really mine

i want to live with wider eyes...there's far too much to see
to think of nothing else but where i've been and where i'll be
i've been longing for the freedom that is waiting silently
in the life that's just beyond the small perimeter of me.

No comments: