01 April 2008

bummer of all bummers.

i am a very sad iphoto user today.

i uploaded 412 pictures yesterday. nothing atypical about that. about 300 or so were from a photo shoot i did for our church...the other 100 (give or take) were just my personal picture-a-day stuff. i didn't get a chance to edit them yesterday or even look at them really. then, this morning when i sat down to go through them, i discovered a horrible, horrible tragedy. over half my pictures were gone. literally gone. i cannot find them anywhere. not on my hard drive, not in iphoto...they are gone. i can view the thumbnails in iphoto...but whenever i try to do anything with them, even view them bigger than thumbnail size, all i see is a little exclamation point. no picture. this is a huge bummer. not only am i going to have to redo my photo shoot (which really isn't THAT big of a deal, it was pretty casual...just me with my camera doing candid stuff) but i lost some really fun pictures of elijah with his uncle luke. those are irreplaceable. i am so bummed.

i have now created some precautions to prevent this from happening again. i have unchecked the box that says "delete pictures from camera after importing" which means my pictures will still be on my memory card after i've uploaded them on to my computer. if i'd done that in the first place, i'd still have all my pictures and i wouldn't be dealing with this problem. i've also done some general maintenance on my computer, just to make sure everything is running as it should be. i think i might take it into an apple store to get it checked out too since it used to be a demo model at comp usa before they went out of business. probably should have done that in the first place. oh well. live and learn.

anyways. i will now try to continue on with my picture-a-day business but i might be missing some days...so we'll see what happens with that. it's not the end of the world but it still stinks.

by the way, happy april fools day. wouldn't it be great if this was just one big april fools joke?
sadly...it is not.

No comments: