19 April 2014

thoughts on easter.

of course it's huge.
of course it's awesome (in the true sense of the word).
monumental.
life-changing.
WORLD-changing.
and all those other words that don't even begin to scratch the surface of its magnitude.

one event.
one moment.
rent history in two.

most days I don't let it touch me.
this mammoth thing.
I can't.
I can't let it touch me and survive the day.
I have places to go!
little ones to feed!
sarcastically said: my life is too important.
to important to be bothered.
bothered by majesty.
majesty come down.
majesty sacrificed.

so I save it.
save the colossal truth.
save it for a day when I have time.
time to be broken.
broken by its significance.
its sheer weight.

it's a sad reality.
this callousness of my soul.

oh.
to overcome.
to daily be broken.
to daily sacrifice self.
He desires nothing less.

I can fool myself.
fool myself into thinking that I'm doing it all right.
up early to do Bible study?
check.
remember to pray before meals?
check.
offer forgiveness to my children only after making them feel guilty for what they've done?
triple check.

life with Christ is not a checklist.
it's not a list of to-do's and not to-do's.
it's a living, breathing r e l a t i o n s h i p.
a relationship based on love and forgiveness.
and grace.
yes.
those things.
but I can't leave out sacrifice.
loving sacrifice.
the basis of it all.

this is love: Jesus came and died.
                                                  He gave His life for us.
                              our God I S love.

No comments: