i've got that song stuck in my head. it has nothing to do with today's post. but really...everyone should be singing along. all together now!
so. it's been a few days. and you know what that means! lots of pictures! woohoo! we love pictures!
i've been meaning to do a "observations of a three month old" list for quite some time now...but since that "quite some time" actually equals two weeks, it will now have to be entitled "observations of a three and a half month old". here we go!
1. really not interested in rolling over. but every once in a while, he does this:
which looks to me an awful lot like he's trying. so maybe someday soon he'll get the back to tummy roll over thing.
2. dark, wavy hair now covers the majority of his tiny head! he's got one little bald spot in the back where he likes to rub his head before he falls asleep. as cute as it is...i hope it grows in soon.
3. only gets up twice in the night to eat. i can't wait for the day when it's just once and then NOT AT ALL! oh happy day.
4. loves soft, snuggly toys. i bought him a little penguin the other day (pictures to come later) named "waddles" that he absolutely loves. it's pretty cute. most of the time, he just sucks on waddles' beak, but waddles doesn't seem to mind too much.
5. makes the funniest faces. i'm totally gonna do a scrapbook page called "the many faces of elijah". it'll be grand.
6. he loves to stand up! (still) and he's getting much better at it. most of the time, i'm not really helping him at all...he's doing it all on his own! we went to babies r us to get him the jumperoo featured in a previous post but alas...they were out...and will be out for another two weeks. i put our name on the waiting list but we're gonna check the babies r us in pleasanton on our way home from the airport today.
7. lovesLovesLOVES to be read to. he can only handle one book at a time...but he gets so enthralled with that one book...it's adorable! here we're reading one of my favorites, "wynken, blyken and nod".
8. he's finally on a schedule! here's what a typical day looks like:
7am-time to wake up!
9am to 10.30 (sometimes 11)-naptime
4pm (or 5 depending)-final nap of the day
7.30pm-get ready for bed (bathtime and story)
8pm-time for bed!
it's so nice having him on a schedule because if he's being fussy, i can just look at the clock and go..."oh yeah...it's time for a nap" instead of just guessing at what was bothering him. so nice!
9. takes all his naps in his crib (most of the time. he's sleeping in his chair here because he was extra fussy and the vibrating seat helps him calm down.). hopefully in the next couple weeks he'll be sleeping in his crib at night too...i'm just waiting til he only gets up once to eat. that way i only have to make the trek once!
10. sitting up, propped up on his own. we did get him that little chair (again, featured in a previous post)...so he sits in that quite a bit. he really doesn't like sitting; he'd much rather be standing but since standing always involves someone holding him up...we're trying to utilize the chair more and more. it's amazing the things i can get done while he's in it!
(john calls this his mr. rogers outfit. i had to remind him that mr. rogers wore a cardigan sweater, not a sweater vest...but still i had to admit...he does kinda look like an old man.)
my mom leaves us today. i have totally and completely enjoyed having her here. i'm actually thinking of hiring her as a live-in nanny. :D seriously though...she's been the biggest help! there's no way we would have eaten so good these past two weeks had she not been here...plus...the whole extra pair of hands thing is really quite nice. i've been totally spoiled the entire time she's been here. i actually got two (and a half) scrapbook pages completed! seriously good for my soul. thank you mummy! when are you coming back?
also...on a completely silly note...i am completely excited about this: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix.html
you know you are too. admit it! you love him! :D
til next time...